Skype is a popular internet based calling software. You can make both the video and audio calls through Skype and connect with friends and families all around the world. Skype also has an option for chatting, making it a multi-faceted platform. You can connect with people all around the globe through it and you can also use it for business and work purposes. Skype has attracted millions of customers because of its immense popularity and easy-to-use factor. You need to install Skype in order to enjoy its features.
Here are the features offered by Skype-
- Video calling. You can make high-quality video calls over Skype. The quality most depends upon the internet connection but Skype calls usually offer a top-notch experience in terms of video quality.
- Audio calling. You can also make a voice call through Skype. The audio quality is usually of a high quality.
- Chatting. You can also exchange texts over Skype and connect with people through chatting.
- Sharing media. You can also send and receive multimedia files over Skype.
Install Skype on Windows
Windows user can install Skype and enjoy its functions. Here is the process to setup Skype on Windows-
- First, open your browser. Then go to the Address Tab and insert the web address for the official website of Skype.
- After the official website of the Skype opens, select the option to download the software.
- The software will automatically detect the Operating System Type and the browser that you are using.
- The software may start downloading automatically, if it doesn’t then click on the download button again.
- Once you click on the download button then your download will begin. Make sure that you choose the option to just save the file on your hard disk and aren’t undertaking the Install and Run process.
- Then go to the location where your file has been downloaded. Click on the file to initialize the procedure to install the software.
- The installer will pop up on the screen once you click on the .exe file related to the installation of the software.
- The installer will then ask you to choose a language. Make a choice and move forward in the installation process by clicking on the Software License Agreement.
- Carefully go through the License Agreement and if you are willing to oblige by the terms and conditions then click on I Agree. You can only move forward with the process if you agree with the specifications in the Software License Agreement.
- You will be then asked if you want some add-ons and other utilities offered by Skype. If you don’t want these add-ons and utilities then you can un-tick the box related to the add-ons and utilities.
- Then the Installer will ask if you want the software to open right away after the installation. You can either choose to start the software immediately after installation or you can un-tick the box.
- Next, you have to setup your fresh Skype account. To setup the account, you need to specify your name, Skype name and create a password for your account.
- Then in the next window, you need to specify particulars such as your e-mail address, country and your city.
- Confirm the details specified by you to complete the installation process. The installation will finish in a short period of time.
This is how you can install Skype on Windows. There can be a compatibility issue for some users of Windows 10 but it can be fixed. You can fix it by changing the Compatibility Mode of the software to Windows 8/7.
Install Skype on Mac
Before installing Skype on Mac, you need to check if the device is meeting the system requirements of the software. Here are the requirements if you want to use Skype on Mac-
- Version of Mac OS must be 10.10 or higher.
- The processor should at least run at a speed of 1 GHz.
- Your device must have at least 1 GB RAM.
- You should have the latest version of Quicktime installed in your device.
If you meet these requirements then you can go ahead with installation of the software. Here is how you can setup the software on Mac-
- Open your browser and then enter the official webpage of Skype. Then go to the option tabbed as Skype for Mac.
- Once the Skype for Mac section opens, select the option to download the software. The software will start downloading as soon as you click on the option.
- Once the download finishes, go to the Downloads folder on your device.
- Then a Finder window will pop up on the screen. You can drag the Skype icon in the Applications folder to initiate its functions.
- Then go to the Launchpad option available in your device and from there you can select the Skype icon and tap on it to open the application setup.
- Once the setup options, you need to first specify the language in which you want to use the software. Choose the language and move forward.
- Then you need to read the details given in the Software License Agreement. If you give consent to the terms and conditions given in the Agreement then you need to click on the Agree button.
- Once you agree with the Software License Agreement, you can move forward with the setup of the software.
- Then you need to specify whether you want to install other utilities and add-ons provided by Skype. If you don’t need these utilities and add-ons then un-tick the box related to these utilities and add-ons.
- Next, you have to set up your account on Skype. Enter your name, your Skype Name and then create a new password. After inserting these details, confirm them and move ahead in the installation procedure.
- Then you have to insert other details in the fresh screen. You need to specify your e-mail address, your country and then finally your city. Confirm the details to wrap up the installation process.
- Once the application is installed, you can open it and start using its functions.